WWE Summerslam 2021 is shaping up to be a stacked card.
Summerslam is always the party of the summer, or at least that’s what WWE tells us. This year the card is full of WWE bringing in the big guns. John Cena is back, fresh off his turn as Peacemaker (you can read a spoiler-free review of The Suicide Squad here via BingeCorner). WWE also has gone back to the Goldberg well, and Edge has a prominent spot on the card.
It isn’t just stars from the Ruthless Aggression era. As of writing, the card has seven matches announced with six of them being title bouts. Summerslam takes place on Saturday, August 21st. Here’s the card for Summerslam 2021:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs John Cena – WWE Universal Championship
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs Goldberg – WWE Championship
- Bianca Belair (c) vs Sasha Banks – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Nikki A.S.H. (c) vs Charlotte Flair vs Rhea Ripley – WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- Sheamus (c) vs Damian Priest – WWE United States Championship
- The Usos (c) vs Rey & Dominik Mysterio – WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships
- Edge vs Seth Rollins
Of the matches announced, we’ve got some reruns and some fresh matchups. Reigns versus Cena is a marquee match that should be the main event. Both Women’s Championship matches are hopefully the final rounds in long feuds.
The most exciting thing of all? The show is on a Saturday. While it appears to be a one-off occurrence, WWE should seriously consider switching to Saturdays from here on out. It’s a much better viewing experience and fans appreciate not staying up late on Sunday nights.
From the card, which match are you most excited about?